The Viner Community Scholarship program continues to attract the attention of media sources throughout south Florida.
News & Events
News and Media Coverage
WE had our first GPA (Glam Philanthropic Affair) event on March 7th at Life Time, and it was a success! Over 300 people attended and enjoyed an exotic car show, a unique art exhibit, an exclusive Fashion Show, Live Music, and food and desserts from local businesses and restaurants. Everyone now understands our program’s mission, our scope, and the high level of success we’re having with our students.
In addition, we raised funds for student scholarships and received 15 offers to be new mentors. The four students who gave their stories had a great impact on everyone.
Scholarly Letters from the Executive Director
Not everyone needs to learn the hard way. This is a series of letters written by the Executive Director of the Viner Scholars Foundation to the Scholars that wish to take the “easy way” and learn from the mistakes others have made while courageously riding the roller coaster that is college life. While these posts do not guarantee that its readers will learn everything they need to know and never experience any “growing pains”, it will at least help with some of the turbulence.
- The New, First Impression and Landing Your Dream Job
- The Cure to Procrastination, or at Least a Helpful Way to Ease Your Stress
- Learning How to See Your Big Ideas Come to Life
- Post-Graduation Hindsight from our First College Graduate
- Advice and Life Lessons from Mentor, Heather Shaw
- Insight and Perspective from Mentor, Andy Thomson
- Date Night into Dream Job: Exclusive Interview with General Manager of Tanzy Restaurant Darren Schnagel
- Conquering Exam Season: Study Tips from the Viner Scholars Student Advisory Board
- Top Six Podcasts for College Students To Listen To Over Break
- From fashion to finance: Exclusive Interview with Samantha Vassallo
- Men With Caring Hearts nominee Jean Max Meradieu on the importance of student philanthropy
- Viner Scholar Alejandra Rodriguez on speaking at the Jewish Community Relations Council and applying for internships
- Viner Scholar Natalia on scoring an internship with Microsoft and graduate school advice
- Viner Scholar Maia on interning with Make a Wish Foundation
- What’s it like to be a first generation college student_